Wednesday, December 13, 2017

You read my mind

I'm looking for words that go along in a song,
a voice who is saying the things that I'm praying,
'cause something seems wrong, it's taking too long
and the ground is bound to start swaying.

It's making me ache; this earthbound quaking
is shaking the walls of yester-decaying
But few that i've found have their ear to the ground,
or an eye to see the groundbreaking

That messages arrive we've been sending
means the end was before the beginning.
That we've learned a biology lesson
means that school still is in session.
That we argue and labor and mistrust our neighbor
means this nonsense is there for a reason.

So I hope you can read my mind,
because so far I've yet to find
Words we agree on, can both sing along on
But I'm willing to keep trying, so read on.




No comments: