Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Days past, slow and fast.

Forgive me, bloggee, for I have sinned...it's been 8 m0nths since my last blogsession.

Of every word you shall give account, so let my words be few...

two ears, one mouth, do the math...

And yet I'm as likely to err on the one side as the other, so doesn't that make it a wash?

Still, I suspect it's better to err on the revelatory side than on the "prudential" side,

at least it adds a little fuel to the fire...hope you feel the warmth...


So here we are, still at Searock, chopping wood and carrying water, doing the necessary things, conducting our lives, etc. Trying to stay outta trouble, yet stir the pot sufficiently to cook up something of substance. Circling the drain with ever more relevance and cogency, speed and freedom from self-importance. Still have those major creative projects gestating on a back burner somewhere nearby. (This is just a minor dalliance, no?) Putting out the daily wildfires, eschewing superfluity, albeit superficially and spottily, in the face of the staggering suffering being endured in the world at large. And so I take up the blog, that 21st century democratic tool of the upwardly mobile proletariat, to assuage the inward call to outwardness and activism, to self-revelatory declaration and messianic glory. It affords the reader some perspective against which to see themselves, perhaps; some perspective on who they're reading, and fill in a very few of the blanks inevitably left by a world going faster than any of us really can keep up with.


Today I hauled up more granite from the shore, at 120lbs. per cubic foot. In 9 or 10 tons I should have plenty to re-pave the path. I can get about one cu.ft. per haul. Last night I called Pepe, the stone mason, and secured his willingness to come out for a visit and reveal his secrets. Need to know what mix he used for grout and such. J. Hudson gave me the name of a person who worked here some time in the past on the courtyard patio, someone who may be willing to help with the path. So far, though, he's been unwilling to call me back.

Also today, fixed a short in the garbage disposal switch box that I created when I installed the safety cover over the switch. Difficulty factor of 7.9 out of 10. Fixed the broken leg on the J. Butler-built bed in bedroom 1. Restocked all firewood piles...man, there are a lot of rats out in the woodpile! (judging by the amount of rat turds) Put pulleys, ropes and cleats on the two ferns hanging in plant room 2, so they can be lowered down to be watered and cared for properly. Other stuff got done, but at what point do you get bored recounting stuff, neglecting stuff you oughta be doing, etc. Love everybody....do what needs doing...spend it all!

No comments: